Job Profile – Presales Professional
Innodata is a global digital services and solutions company. Our technology and services power leading information products and online retail destinations around the world. Our solutions help prestigious enterprises harness the power of digital data to re-imagine how they operation and drive performance. We serve publishers, media and information companies, digital retailers, banks, insurance companies, government agencies and many other industries. We take a “technology-first” approach, applying the most advanced technologies in innovative ways.
The Presales Professional is the technical lead and solutions architect who works hand-in-hand with our Client Partners to ensure Innodata understands our customers’ challenges from a technical perspective and is able to design, propose and articulate the value of Innodata solutions that solve clients’ business requirements.
- Lead cross-domain digital data solutions deals as a solutions architect.
- Respond to RFIs and RFPs, conducting business due diligence, and defining strategy and approach for preparing responses, demos and presentations.
- Work with product development and solutions, and client services teams to refine client solutions.
- Assimilate and synthesize a broad spectrum of domains in the B2B information and digital publishing solutions industry.
- Interpret customer needs and design appropriate solutions.
- Develop value propositions that align Innodata’s products and technology-enabled solutions with a customer’s (or market’s) core business objectives.
- Articulate, present and detail transformation themes to meet outsourcing objectives.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with virtual teams to create winning proposals.
- Own and drive the bidding process end-to-end, including the solution and related artefacts.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience (with successful track record) in pre-sales and/or solutions architecture for complex digital data solutions, ideally spanning applications development, systems integration, and managed and professional services.
- Superb listening and presentation skills; able to present and describe technical functionalities to both technical and non-technical audiences via conference calls, web presentations and at in-person meetings.
- Demonstrated experience applying technology to solve business challenges and to exploit business opportunities.
- Able to lead creative problem-solving/brainstorming sessions to identify opportunities and offer solutions to clients.
- Comfortable interacting with people at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding project/process management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, global role and environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills: able to communicate complex concepts and issues effectively and efficiently, both verbally and in writing, to C-level audiences.
- Highly collaborative, yet able to function well independently.
- Thrives in a competitive environment, self-confident, resourceful and able to think outside-the-box
- Understanding of market issues and trends affecting the B2B information industry (science/technical/health, legal and financial information domains) and articulate differentiators versus the competition.
- Passion and drive for winning large deals with differentiated solution approaches, well-articulated proposal responses and significant exposure in proposal defense in client-facing situations.
- Experience in managing and communicating effectively with global, cross-cultural virtual teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required (computer science or related courses preferred), MBA nice to have.
- Content management technologies (OCR, ICR, XML, HTML5, XSLT, JAVA, SQL , Python, CMS, ECM) and Web publishing technologies.
- Data transformation techniques and tools.
- Text and data mining methodologies and technologies.
- Understanding of machine learning, cognitive computing and natural language processing.
- Technology/IT solutions related to content delivery for database products, mobile apps, web portals.
- Content management systems (such as Mark Logic, Alfresco, Drupal, Joomla and Documentum)